Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hearts at Home


The softness of his voice telling
me endearing things in my ear leaves
me with a shiver coursing down my 
already weakened spine.

A touch to my face as I look into
his eyes makes me say thank you 
lord for so many nights spent alone
to cry.

His words of toughness trying to make
me not see, what is hidden within him
buried deep. He is as scared as me,we
had given in defeat.

His fingers intertwine mine sending
warmth through my body,never had I 
felt so secure in just being me,for
anyone to see.

I sit patently waiting for it all to
blow up in my face,but he comes back
to me,always to put a true smile where
so many tears had left their traces.

My heart races at the thought of his 
arms holding me so tightly,his face is 
what I see when my mind finally lets me
sleep,only of him do I dream.

The feelings I have had to hold on to
for so very long has finally found the
one who I can love,making my heart feelat home,no longer alone...


Bathsheba  Dailey  

























No comments:

Post a Comment